Thursday, September 27, 2007

It'll happen one day, I'm sure.

What will? Me making my Biohazard handbag. I used this picture:



printed on a piece of graph paper for the symbol. Sadly, no fabric stores has the symbol stamped all over the fabric for the lining. Happily, pirates are in vogue, so there's tons of black fabric with white skull and crossbones as a pattern. Yay!

I don't chat much about the knit stuff lately, do I? Non-yarnies can look away now.

Ok, all the cool kids are signed up or are in Ravelry. Right now, I'm about 315 places away from being 'in'. I've noticed, once a person is in, they... never... blog... again...

::cue the scary music and ghostly sound effects::

So, I finished a lovely cardigan called Boxy Jacket made out of Rowan's Summer Tweed and is from Knit It! Fall 2006. Since Knit It! is published by Lion Brand, so I can'd find a picture from the magazine. I'll have to fix the collar, then model it.

Collar? Yes, the bane of my existance are collars. But, after the Collar Obedience class during Stitches Midwest, I know how to beat it into submission. Once I get the nerve to look at the brown tweed, I'll fix and show off the jacket.

Remember this?


Well, Fry is getting a lovely hoodie jacket made from this:


The pattern is in the latest issue of Cast On, from The Knitting Guild of America, number 40.


Is it just me or is number 16 full of bad colors. Ewwwww.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

Yes, I really want to learn more about what you learned in Collar Obedience class. I have trouble with those too!

Will be eager to see the newly finished sweater. I am

Susan said...

Oh I love, love, love the Biohazard bag. Maybe you could get one of th bio suits and cut it up. Laws you could line a lot with one of those. I'm still a thousand out. But I don't have much to show. I just want to go see what it is all about.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race