Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lots of fun!

Today and yesterday I've spent laying around the house. Somehow, I caught a bit of a cold. A fever, tiny bit of a sore throat, and that was all. Just a lot of sleep the past two days and I'm fine, now.

Thursday was a blast. I love Lone Jack's library. Their Sonic is a little slow, I had to leave my little order of chili cheese tater tots in the pickup during class. The students there were so good, we did the four biggies and then some. After casting on, knitting, purling, and then binding off, there were some yarn overs (intentionally!), and color fun. Adding in new colors, knitting with two yarns at the same time, yes, it does get crazy during class.

Friday was even MORE fun! My sister, Toppa, the Frygirl, and I went to Worlds of Fun with a few other people. There were 9 of us in all, running around an amusment park completely decked out for Halloween. The fog machines made our throats hurt after a few hours, but the rides were killer! We did all the open adventurous rides except the Ripcord. On that one, they haul you up on a cord for 180 feet, then let the harness you're wearing go. It's a freefall swing, exciting and terrifying. I've already done it once, and it's $16-$22 extra to go on it. The price range is for how many people you can con into falling with you, one being the higher, three being the $16. If I'd not been on it already, I wouldn't mind paying extra above the admission price. It's just been there-done that, and I'd rather spend the money on funnel cake. There were haunted houses and the park's attention to detail on the ghouls was great! This needs to be a yearly habit.

Saturday, I broke down and went to Sit, Sip, & Knit. I know. I go back to Lee's Summit today, but didn't want to miss out on the group last weekend. Knitting, fun, croissandwich, it was great. We were going to go to a cornfield maze with Toppa and the group again, but with the fog the night before and a real cold hitting us girls, we skipped.

Sunday was Fry's Children of the American Revolution meeting. The house was perfect, I made butter cookies, and then slept upstairs through the meeting.

There should be pictures, I'll update this later to include them.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Hi! I miss you.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race