Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What's up with this once a week blogging?

I admire people who can blog once a day. They either have a lot to say or actual lives.

Yarny stuff first. Fry's first Girly Goth sock is done, and once the grey sky is blue, I'll take a decent picture of the sock. Progress has been made on the Fair Isle sock, I'm just past the heel. Again, when there's sunlight, I'll show them off. To avoid the tense knitting from Second Sock Syndrome, I'm doing a sock from each pair at a time. Although, I'm dying to cast on for Fry's second Girly Goth sock, just so she'll be thrilled.

I taught a full house on Tuesday. Beginning knitting for families, which I thought was Thursday's class. Ha! I wondered why all the really small frys were showing up with needles. Everyone from Grannies to Girlies were there and I hope they had fun. Since this is a two-parter, there wasn't as much pressure to get cast on, knit, purl, and bind off in during the two hours. Thursday is plain ole Beginning Knitting, which is also a full house. My max class size is 15, and not everyone shows up sometimes. Then sometimes, more than that will show. After last night, I already need more kit supplies.

Which is why I must go yarn shopping during our pickup's oil change. Buh wa ha ha haaaa! Even if it's raining, I can use an umbrella for the short walk from our mechanic's to the Old Mill Stitchery.

We're all waiting for this weekend, which is action-packed. Worlds of Fun, Pumpkin Patch, Corn Maze, Children of the American Revolution meeting at our house, all promising to be adventuresome. I'm wondering if, or how I'll fit in Sit, Sip, and Knit.

4 comments:

ChelleC said...

Sip and Knit on Saturdays is next to impossible for me to get to. The day is always just too busy with family.

But I'd love to see you (and your Fair Isle socks) in person. Grrr.

Susan said...

The last two weekends here have been really busy and I was looking forward to a quiet one and just staying home. Alas, my cats would really like to have something to eat; all chiblis have disappeared; and I need to unload all the stuff in my trunk that's going to animal rescue thrift shop. So...in a bit I'll go get the oil changed, and head off east. And hope that tomorrow I won't even have to stick my head out the door.

Camie Vog said...

I know what you mean about those bloggers who can post every day. I at least tried to post twice a week before Beanie Baby arrived. Since her grand entrance, I am luck to post once a month.

I just started knitting again. Well, I was able to knit the Target Wave mittens last summer. The pattern had some errors in it, which I thought I caught. I sew the first one up, only to find that the thumb gusset, the coolest part of the mitten is too big! It bummed me out so bad that I haven't even thought about ripping it out and starting over... Instead, I have started a hexagon scarf out of baby alpaca...blah, blah, sorry, this comment is turning into a personal vent.

;)

Laura said...

Hey, Camie, if you can't vent here, where can you? I treat the blog like vent central a lot of times. :)

Susan, I've got that song in my head that goes, "Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the somethinsomething last." Oh! It's Feelin' Groovy! Maybe your cats ate the chiblis...

Chelle, me too! I almost skipped this past Saturday due to driving to your neck of the woods four times in a week. I'll have to crash the Misknits party sometime this or next month, just to show off for you. That, and I want to see some of your works in real life, too!

Slow and Steady Wins the Race