Wednesday, February 05, 2003

I am a Nuclear Baby. I was born in the spring of 1965 and have lived with the constant and background threat of WW3 wiping out everything susceptible to radiation. Every time sirens go off, I pause, waiting for the word that the nukes will arrive in 30 minutes. In fact, even though I grew up in Tornado Alley, I sigh with relief when the tornado alarms go off, relieved that it's not for a nuclear reason. All of my life, I've had Nuclear War nightmares.

That said, someone needs to tell the Emergency Broadcast System that you DON'T F*ING test the system during a live CNN broadcast discussing Iraq's NUCLEAR CAPABILITY!!!! No, no no! I'd love to see how high my blood pressure is right now.....

I'll post later, I'm still reading this compelling weight loss diary by Heather. Also have a bit of a fever and head cold, but really must shower and exercise.

No comments:

Slow and Steady Wins the Race