Tuesday, September 26, 2006

For the love of all that's holy, DON'T wake him up!!!

From Slate.com:
Chinese doctors performed the world's first documented penis transplant. An unexplained accident left the patient with a "small stump," unable to urinate properly or have sex. Doctors gave him the penis of a brain-dead man whose parents agreed to donate it. Good news: After 10 days, he could "urinate smoothly" and showed no signs of tissue rejection. Bad news: After two weeks, "because of the wife's psychological rejection as well as the swollen shape of the transplanted penis," the organ "regretfully had to be cut off." Upbeat conclusion: We're figuring out the human body. Skeptical conclusion: We still have no clue about the human mind.


His WIFE rejected the organ? Next thing you'll know, there'll be penis farms and catalogs. PeniBay.com is next, I'm sure. I don't even want to know what sort of spam I'll get over this. Still, it's worth it.

What about the donor? What if the doctors are wrong about him being brain-dead? I mean, look at the whole Terri Shiavo can of worms. Can you imagine the poor guy asking his parents "You did WHAT? I NEEDED that!"

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll answer Maenwyn's comment to the prior post. Since she pointed out I was wrong concerning the pagan/occult thing, my ears closed and have just now opened back up. Me? Wrong? Nawwww! Surely you jest.

No comments:

Slow and Steady Wins the Race