Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Insert Cute Title Here

Or, "Too stupid to realize that they had been called stupid."

I like it that Keith Olberman has the intelligence and eloquence to say what needs saying. He does this without making fun of the physically ill, calling people traitors, or otherwise demeaning those who don't agree with his point of view.

Countdown with Keith Olberman.

Here's a non-video version.

Then Kerry added more to the frey on the Don Imus show. He makes a lot of sense, whatever party he calls his.

I've watched the video, read the transcript, and have an opinion. (Surprise, huh???) Our administration is focusing on the trivial, and yes, I call a botched joke trivial, when there's so much else to handle. Has no one else ever said something the wrong way? No one ever twisted their words or dangle a participle and had it come out horribly? I'd like to think that it's only the super-brilliant people who do, since I'm rather good at saying the wrong thing but totally meaning the right way. I'm forever calling my Mom and saying, "You know when I said X-Y-Z? I didn't mean x-Y-z, but X-y-z." She always knows what I meant, and I'm thinking our current administration knows what Kerry meant, too.

Here's a newsbit that my Mom (all-knowing and wise beyond all our years put together) had told me about long ago. It's where our President is using Christians as a way to further his own agenda. If I were a true Christian, I'd be highly insulted. Our President thinks that Christians will blindly follow anyone their preacher advocates. He uses religion as a way to manipulate and turns people's faith in his favor. He might actually believe the 'God stuff' he spouts, but then again, he might not. If he's a true believer, then great! I'm glad it works for him. If not, I think Shakespeare said it best, "The devil hath power to quote scripture to suit his own purpose." Does this mean our leader is the devil? No, it means even the most evil can find evil in what is supposed to be good.

Here's video of the worst of the worst of campaign ads. Do they work for the general masses? I know that if I see a nasty ad, I tend to vote for the other guy. Especially so if they don't stoop to the newly lowered level.

In other news, you never really know how messy your house is until a stranger comes over and takes digital pictures of it. Oh joy, huh? That's the negative. The positive is now the counter top measurements have been taken. Next step, installation in around three weeks. :D Just in time for Thanksgiving! Which reminds me, I have no idea what we're doing for Thanksgiving. It'll be something, but I don't know if there'll be driving involved (read: mass quantities of knitting time), or major housecleaning. Either way, I don't care. It's all good for me.

Speaking of knitting, I signed up for Blue Moon Fiber Art's sock club for 2007. It's really pricy, but I love their stuff. Plus, I'll have money from knitting classes to spend on it, too. In fact, I'm teaching a class tonight at Parkville, called Advanced Knitting. Should be fun. Usually is.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I can't wait to see what STR you get. That just sounds like such fun!

Here in OK the political message is all about God and homosexuals or maybe that's just all I'm hearing. I know that much of the mail I get makes sure I know they teach Sunday School or something.

Actually I would think they would want to grant marriage privileges. They always say that that would harm the "sanctity of marriage". Well, we have one of the highest divorce rates in the nation. That way they could blame someone besides theirselves.

ChelleC said...

Hey, Laura. I miss you! How's it going? I'm sick of the political stuff too.

How's your kitchen coming along?

Miss seeing you, sweetie.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race