Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dumb thoughts...

So we're all cozied up in the house, since most of our utility lines are underground, and I'm thinking, I should email friends to see if they're ok.

Riiiight. If they're ok, chances are they've emailed or updated their blogs already. If not, they've probably lost power.

If I'd been thinking, I'd have taken a picture of the same scene below, only this time, the lattice roof had tons of icicles. I had to break them off the ceiling fan before they broke off the blades itself. Why is the shot ruined, now? It seems Fry is very impressionable. After I cleaned the fan with a broom, she cleaned the room, herself. She and Lucky played on the ice this afternoon, until they both froze out. She spent the day here, as all the schools are closed. Fry hogged the computer while I hogged my Kaffe Fassett books. I had three from the library and his latest from the bookstore. I'd like to do a classic Kaffe Fassett, and then maybe one of my own. We'll see. I'm almost done with Toppa's Christmas, which makes me restless to start something new.

Hubs is already home, Claude is asleep on his Kitty Pi Bed, and all is right in our world.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh lucky you with underground lines! I should be so lucky. We lost power at work early Mon afternoon so got to come home and play pioneer for a bit. It came back on around supper time and then went off again in the night. And back on this morning sometime before noon. Cats woke me up at 5 am and I discovered that my dog is absolutely terrified of my head lamp thingy. So..in order to not traumatize her any more, I went back to bed until a very cloudy daybreak. Aren't I just the most considerate thing? Flickering a bit now..we shall see. There are 634,000 customers without power now so I feel quite fortunate.

Camie Vog said...

Ahh...Kaffe...do you have the new book? I just saw it listed in the KnitPicks magazine...

You need to email your addy, so you can receive your silly gift...

Susan said...

Have you seen the new Knitty? I so want that gorgeous blue thing on the front page. I so cannot carry off "dainty" but I could wear it around the house and pretend.

And know something else? We're supposed to get snow on Fri/Sat AND the new SWAK opens in the City on Saturday. So not fair!

Slow and Steady Wins the Race