Let's go on to updates...
The house was perfect for the Black Friday party. If it wasn't, and it wasn't, really, I was prepared with an open bottle of wine. Plus, I know the Jedi Mind Trick, even if it doesn't work on Hubs and Fry. My guests had a great time, matching my own. Lots of fun, food, and yarn all around.
NaNoWriMo, what to say? If a person wants to be harsh, I totally failed on the 50K words in a month. Yeah, I could be down about it, wearing the same flannel jammies for days, eating cereal out of the box, and drinking orange juice out of the carton. On the other hand, I'd written more in that one month than I had in all the five years before then. I used to be a contender, once, and this gives me tons of hope that I may be again. The attitude change is a major plus. Now all that needs doing is me dusting off my writing skills.
I've been ignoring the pond. Gah. There's been one thread of silicone to join the two liners, now I need to fuse them more.
I love my yarn room. It's not quite there, yet, but what is? I have way too many patterns but can't make myself throw them away. I think everyone loved the room, and loved it that Fry had a toy cash register set up for their 'purchases'. Silly kid.
Let's see, Mom, Goopa(baby sister), Mother-in-Law, and Toppa (middle sister) were on the knit list. Toppa's project is 30-40% done, and I'm wanting to get one more project done. This one is for the Husband, a sweater, and I swatched while hanging out at Honkerbean's last Thursday. Yumma, that place. Italian ice creams and coffee, such goodness.
If you've read this far, I'm rewarding you with nonsense!
38 Things About Me That You May Or May Not Want To Know......
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night. My darling Frygirl. She makes me laugh every day.
2. What were you doing at 0800? At the grocery store buying decaf coffee and dairy products. Lowfat lowcal yogurt, shredded mozzarella, 2% cottage cheese, if you really had to know.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Eating Triscuits.
4. What happened to you in 2006? I'm doing good to remember yesterday, never mind yesteryear. It's why I blog and keep archives.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? "Goodnight, see you in a little bit," to the Husband.
6. How many beverages did you have today? A cup of instant coffee, two Diet Cokes, a tall glass of green tea, and at least three tall glasses of instant tea, all of the drinks were decaffeinated.
7. What color is your hairbrush? Simulated wood.
8. What was the last thing you paid for? See question 2. Um, wait. Patternworks has a bit of a sale on their grab bags, then Hubs had me order gifts online for his family.
9. Where were you last night? Hanging around the house.
10. What color is your front door? Burgundy.
11. Where do you keep your change? In a little white piggy bank with "Yarn Money" painted on the side.
12. What's the weather like today? Chilly, but very nice.
13. What's the best ice cream flavor? All of them except eggnog. :D
14. What excites you? Good report cards from Fry, happy news from Hubs, emails from my family. And a really good yarn sale.
15. Do you want to cut your hair? Yes and no.
16. Are you over the age of 25? Very.
17. Do you talk a lot? Always. It's the bane of my existence.
18. Do you watch the OC? No...
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? I knew several, but now, no.
20. Do you make up your own words? As often as necessary.
21. Are you a jealous person? Depends on the situation.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "A".
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "K".
24. Whose the first person on your received calls list? A friend of Frygirl's.
25. What does the last text message you received say? Ravelry killed...
26. Do you chew on your straw? No!
27. Do you have curly hair? Yes!
28. Where's the next place you're going to? Um, the ladies' room, then to sleep.
29. Who is the rudest person in your life? Is? Other drivers on the road.
30. What was the last thing you ate? A handful of Triscuits.
31. Will you get married in the future? Probably not. Hubs will probably croak long after I do.
32. What's the best movie you've seen in the past two weeks? I'm ashamed to admit it, but 'Dead Man on Campus'.
33. Is there anyone you like right now? I like lots of people. If I were twenty years younger, I'd giggle and name names.
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Last night. After breakfast, the dishwasher will be full enough to run.
35. Are you currently depressed? No.
36. Did you cry today? No, I should have after paying bills. ;)
37. Why did you answer this post? Because Susan did and I'm a sheep with my friends.
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey....I tag you.
|Your Passion is Purple!|
You've got a ton of passion, but you don't always wear it on your sleeve.
If something truly excites you, you let your inner intensity shine through.
But otherwise, your passion tends to morph into energy ... which you never lack.
You're a balanced woman, knowing when to turn on the fire in your heart.