Silent Poetry Day!
The Pirate Don Durk of Dowdee by Mildred Plew Meigs
Ho, for the Pirate Don Durk of Dowdee!
He was as wicked as wicked could be,
But oh, he was perfectly gorgeous to see!
The Pirate Don Durk of Dowdee.
Please click the above to see the rest of it, copyright and intellectual property being what it is. I had a tough time deciding between this and The Raggedy Man.
For official Friday Fun, here's six 'weird' things about me. Weird is very relative, although I do wonder if the cloth I was cut from wasn't a bit wonky.
1. I am easily amused. Not so weird unless I'm reading greeting cards in the grocery store and laughing my butt off. To all the people passing by with 'eww' looks on their faces, I say, "Yeah, and I'm a cheap date."
2. I love salad dressing on my pizza. Not drowned in it, just 'au jus'. At Pizza Hut, I have to slither to the salad bar for dressing, then slink back to my seat. I can have salad at home, I'm there for the dressing.
3. As I get older, I like older guys. Great news for my husband, don't you think? All the older guy signs he's developing, I like. Greying at the temples, laugh lines around the eyes, all that shows character. The youngsters are still cute, but a bit plastic.
4. I feel like I've said this before, but it's still true. Easy things to do are tough for me, difficult things are easy. African violets, yes, ferns, no. Angel food cake, yes, fried chicken, no. Knitting lace, yes, sewing a straight line, no.
5. I love The Sims 2 and every expansion pack. I've also said this before, I think. It's everything about them, the home design, the genetics, careers, small businesses, pets. Next up are seasons with snow, thunderstorms, falling leaves, and sunburns. What's not to love?
6. I love to cook, knit, and keep the house clean (OK, so I try at the last one without success). To me, this is totally weird and not what I ever expected. I'd planned on being a high powered scientist, single, successful, with a flying car and robot maid. Instead, my lab experiments are called 'dinner' (and they LOVE it which is weird thing number seven), I have a 'business partner' who I adore, and my family loves me (equals successful). Considering cell phones, that flying car thing is a very bad idea, and we do have the Roomba nowadays. It's safe to say that my life is even better than I had planned. :)
Tomorrow is going to be fun, Fry has a Strings School to go to for most of the day. I don't feel comfortable leaving her there, although I'm sure parents will do that. I'll have to bring things to work on, like bills, knitting, and library books that need reading and returning. If anyone is going to the sit and knit thing this Sunday, I'll probably go.