Thursday, February 01, 2007

Playing Requests

If you'll read yesterday's comments, Jen wants me to try socks with a purl on the outside sole. After consulting with Fry, who wants every pair of sock I ever made, she chose Cascade Fixation's 9342 (over 9454! I know!) and the pattern stitch from January 25th in the 365 Knitting Stitches a Year calendar. Totally unrelated, my baby sister who must hate me because I never get an email from her (cue the violins) has legwarmers from color 9989 on the list.

edit on

Edited to add: It's not seen in the below photos because I'm a very lazy person. That browser window is already closed and I'm eager to post this and run amok.

/edit off




Oh wow! They're talking about beets on the Today show! They were considered an aphrodisiac in Roman times. THAT explains a lot. Just kidding! I can see why that theory didn't hold up to the present times.

Want a quick and dirty recipe for great guacamole? Very simple:

Take 1 avocado.
.5 cup of chunky salsa, the 'good' stuff doesn't have as much water as the store brand.
1 teaspoon of garlic.

Mush together with a fork and stir until well blended. Small chunks of avocado is ok, it shows off the freshness of the guac. Use as tortilla chip dip or as fajita filling.

If you wanted to go au natural on the salsa, dice 1 medium tomato and .5 medium onion. Stir in a teaspoon of cilantro, a tablespoon of vinegar, mix, and let sit for 30 minutes or more, in the fridge if more. Depending on your salt habit, this may need a quarter teaspoon of salt, or salt to taste.

I love cooking. Mainly because I love eating, ha!

No comments:

Slow and Steady Wins the Race