Monday, July 25, 2005

I love the Yarn Barn. Found a Weaving for Idiots book that had wonderful pictures, so now I know my warp from my weft. That was Saturday. Then on Sunday, Hubby had upgraded our MS Money to the 2006 trial version, so I spent the day getting all our accounts balanced and reconciled from the first of the year. yay. (lower case intentional) There's still some work left, mostly on wrapping up our mortgage with one company for its move to another. I could have put in adjusting entries just to get the balances correct, but to me, that's cheating. It's a form of "let's pretend...” not actual sound accounting.

Since Saturday was spent at the Army Reserve (from 8am-3pm, excluding the yarn buying), and then at the American Legion, (from 6pm-8pm), I only achieved traveling and showering that day. Then Sunday was finance and planning day. I'd like to get the house company clean all throughout BEFORE we leave on vacation. If the neighbor guy is going to come over and feed the cats, I'd like the place to be decent. Plus, we get back home a day or two before school starts, so I'll need to get Fry's supplies for her. We talked for an hour and a half on Saturday, so I know what styles she wants in notebooks and things.

Trash and pet litters left the building this morning. Once laundry is done, kitchen and bathrooms have been swabbed; I'm taking the afternoon off to start my shawl. Although, I do have three small Rubbermaid bins of scrap/waste yarn just begging to be sorted into stash busting projects...

No, I have a cute little set of new bamboo circulars that need some exercise. :D I'm dying to try out my loom and/or read the beginner's book. So much yarn, so little time.

In health info, I'm still at 155 AND 'started' today. Wow! Seriously, because I'd been playing fast and loose with the carbs (sugar), I'd not expected to be stable. I always gain 5lbs around 'this' time, anyway, and to have not bloated up like road kill? I'm happy with today's weigh-in. Not only that, but I worked out to the Total Body Sculpt this morning as well. Yay! First day of a new habit! It's not a lot, but it's a start. Most of the time, that's all I need to go off the deep end.

Back to the grind. I have lace to knit this afternoon.

No comments:

Slow and Steady Wins the Race