Sunday, January 29, 2006

Weekend Update

Too bad this won't be as clever as Saturday Night Live's version.

One! One crazy sock done! Ug. I had to rip out the first version, about halfway done. I love its stripey goodness. Each color change had me craving a different flavor of Skittles candy.

















The yarn is Regia Crazy Color in Bon Bon. The pattern is the generic sock from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. The swirled pattern looks like one of the socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, but isn't. I noticed this similarity after knitting a little past the heel. I wanted a ribbing that would hug Fry's foot, but have a cool twist to it. So, I continued the K2P2 ribbing, bumping it over a stitch every fourth row.

The high points: Fry has flu, I taught teens to knit on Saturday, finished up the bleaching the lower cabinets' dishes, still haven't caught any more mice, and dropped off my Red Scarf at Einstein Brothers. Of course I didn't think to scan in the finished product.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

Hi Laura! Hey, guess what? I found your blog. I was at your knitting class today at the library. I'm the red-head who was knitting the Red Scarf for the red scarf project. I'm staying up late tonight in HOPES of finishing mine. If they don't take it at Einstein's tomorrow then I guess it becomes my husband's. But hopefully, they'll take it. Chelle

Laura said...

Hi Snow! Thanks for the crazy sock comment! Also thankfully, Fry has the headcold type flu, not the God-awful type. The cat is bad enough without the kid doing that great barf thing, too.

Hi Chelle! You'll have to blog about Einstein's taking it or not. I'm sure they will and it looked almost long enough in class.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race