Friday, June 16, 2006

I know.

Yes, I know.

What do I know? That there's a lot of stuff I should be doing. Like calling the doctor to see why I still have a stupid headache. It's bad enough to be annoying, but not so bad I want to die already. I know there's dishes, laundry, vacuuming, trash, but bleh. Actually, dishes are soaking, the laundry just needs putting away, and I've got most of the downstairs vacuumed already. Plus, I can almost see counterspace.

I'm thinking we're eating out tonight. I'll get the kitchen too spiffy to mess up, and use the excuse of Hub's raise. That'll work. :D

Who cares about all that when there's pictures??

Here's a lovely shot of June's blue, backdropping the Trekking entrelac sock. It'll be a beach coverup, complete with a wavy drop stitch pattern. Sure, it's coming along slow, but considering how little time I spend on it, I'm ok with the progress. Besides, I'm just glad I'm not still glued to the thing. Let's move on, shall we?



Ah, the lovely entrelac sock that seemed a good idea at the time. This is the first project I've ever knit on size us0 needles. Does anyone have any idea how freaking SMALL these things are? I don't knit LACE on this size, fer Pete's sake! This is going to take me years, people, years!

Or, at least it would if I didn't have a plan... In ever round, there are 10 rectangles. If I do a round a day, I've got at most 11 days to the heel. At some point, I'll go to heck with this and knit more than that in a day. Plus, we're doing another road trip next weekend. I need sunlight for this project, since the yarn really wants to split on me. This is not something I can knit after Midnight, as I tried to last night. If I'd not had to unknit...

I'll have to take Beak's advice and bring more projects. You never know. Plus, I really need to get busy on the mittens.

In the interest of being a sheep, I submit this meme:

Please leave a one-word comment that you think best describes me — it can only be one word long. Then copy and paste this into your blog so that I may leave a word about you.

5 comments:

Maenwyn said...

sunshine

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...headache? Size 0 needles?? I'd be right there with you.

ChelleC said...

Talented and a delight.

I know, that's more than one word, darn it. I can't be succinct.

Carol said...

WOW! You are so brave. They are going to be gorgeous.

As for the headache, have you had your blood sugar check recently. Low bs usually makes me have that type.

* (asterisk) said...

Just stopping by, via Perfect Blue Buildings. "Whip in My Valise" used to be the song I want played at my funeral. Not sure any more. But interesting that you'd have it as a ringtone. Great track. Off topic, I know...

Slow and Steady Wins the Race