Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ta daaaaa!


Zee mittens, she is done! Aren't they lovely? Ok, sort of. The scarf looked fantastic, the hat, pretty darn good. But the mittens? I'm not wild about using mixed yarns for mittens. Something else: When I looked at the techniques section for M1, the author used the bar method. For the mittens, though, I should have used the increase into the back of the stitch. I'm taking a deep breath whenever stressing about the necklace of holes in the thumb and thinking "Added feature." Toppa already has the matching socks to all these, but in one of the yarns only. I strung happy face buttons for the top, then continued with the socks. Turned out lovely but I don't think she ever wears them. She puts them up on her hutch with her other happy face collectibles.

While driving back from Hobby Lobby today (all knitting and crochet tools HALF OFF!!), I was thinking about the warm hands knitalong. Maybe I should knit up something more complicated, not quite Norwegian, but closer to Aryan. In the back of my mind, a little voice sounded, saying "Seascapes...seascapes...finish the lace...finish the lace..." So in honor of the guilt knitalong, I'll work on the lace knitalong.

Knit, clean, write. Yep, that sums it up for today!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

The mittens I'm knitting use the same increase but when knitting the M1 you twist it to prevent the little holes from showing up. Hope this helps in the future. They are cute though, very bright and festive.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race