Friday, December 09, 2005

Stash Enhancement Time!

It's Fryday, Hubsday, and help me day! All in one!

Since everyone was home, I had to get out. Besides, it's my usual errand day, so I was twitchier than usual. Last night's scarf class was great. Everyone had fun and teens are so polite! They raise their hands and say thank you after I answer every question. Yeah, they are all a little glum and or surly, but I think that's par for the course.





The hat is done! Really done yesterday. Now, mittens to match.

















Making progress on Fry's mitten, slow, but sure. In the meantime, those quickly knitted up mits for Miss K are in the queue for when I need the mindless knitting.











Ok, enough of that, on to the good stuff! New yarn! First, I went to the library to pick up my held copy of Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. Recognized a few just from reading various weblogs, very cool.

I totally blame The Knit 'Nabler for the Trekking XXL in the picture, the skein in the lower left in this picture. When I went to the Knit Craft yarn store today, voila'! They also had a lot of Regia sock yarn. Did I really need more? Um, not really. If you go to the website, be prepared for disappointment. The store is as great as the website is not. Am I going to Jaywalker the Trekking? Oh, probably.

Cara at January One has such sweet things to say about everyone in the Jaywalker KAL (Knit a long). It's so fun to peruse the updates and see the variety in one sock pattern.

Do other knitters know that there is a difference in Koigu and Noro? Hee hee. Well, I sure as heck do NOW. See the lovely Noro in three different but coordinating colors? Very nice. What to do with it, though? Sheesh. That's what I get for binge-reading all my fave knitting weblogs and being seduced by the dark side of stash building. After a few Googles on Kureyon, I'm sure something will come to me.


In other news: I get to deliver the papers tomorrow while Fry and Hubs do the Sons of the American Revolution Flag program with others. Fry reads about the folds of the flag while Hubs and another gentleman fold the flag as she reads. There's a college student that doesn't read aloud as well as she, sad to say for him. I'm a very partial and biased mom. I also was able to see the program last summer, now it's Father's turn.

No comments:

Slow and Steady Wins the Race