Friday, July 28, 2006

300! Who knew?!

I mean, really! I stuck with this for at least 300 posts. For a gal who won't keep a journal, this is pretty amazing.

We're not in it for the words, you say. We're in it for the PICTURES! Yay! So here we go!

I received this in the email today. Gosh! It looks familiar! Could it be that Flakey already has a hat like this?


Did you hear any angels singing in joy last night? Sure you did! The first lacey sock is done! Do I have second sock syndrome? Nope! But I do want to finish the first Trekking sock first.


I'm not the only one who loooooves this sock. It was a bear to knit, but feels fantastic on the foot. No catnip was involved in the making of this photo.


I got cher fiber right here. I think I'm set for a while, especially considering I don't have a spinning wheel yet. There will be some dying of this, of course, but first I want to get some practice down.


What am I going to do with all that???? Well, THIS comes to mind. I mixed some natural roving with some already brilliantly dyed stuff. Just to see what would happen. It only looks two ply. I'm trying to be patient, waiting for it to dry. The next task is to figure out how NOT to overspin the stuff. I'm really good at that, sadly.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

It is MOST gorgeousful. Love, love, love it! And isn't love worth the struggle?

Carol said...

I am so jealous. I am working on the instep of my first one now. I am trudging forward. I vow I will finish them by Christmas.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race