Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wonderful Wednesday.

First, a confession. Yes, I did eat half a container of low sugar ice cream yesterday. As a throwback to my younger computer days:

If weather = HOT
Then
icecream = GONE
Else
icecream = NOTGONE
EndIf

I'm sorry, but if SOME people want the thermostat set at 80F, they're going to have to live with a chubby wife and empty cartons of the good stuff. While our electric bill this month is a nice $115, the ice cream bill is more like $500.




Hee hee! Just kidding about the $500. I'd sit in a cool tub of water before letting anything take away from the fiber budget.

Mom has 'the' word for our lacy socks, girls: Tedious. Not difficult, ugly, or even boring really, just tedious. Here we see the lace sock, the entrelac, and the beginnings of a baby hat on some homespun yarn.


Yes, the boy is fat, but he IS also fluffy. To the left are the baby booties I made yesterday. What can I say, I was bored.


Claudie is clearly loving them. They're made from some lovely pink roving I bought at my last trip to Cottage Fibers. Because the lacy sock was so slow going, I wanted to make something quick and fun. I know of no baby girls at the moment, so I'll probably sell, give, gift, or award these, plus a little hat to go with them.

1 comment:

Maenwyn said...

Claudie is certainly loving the booties. Will they fit?

Ever thought about spinning cat hair? I have an idea for that...

Slow and Steady Wins the Race