Tuesday, July 04, 2006

USA! USA! USA!

In the grand scheme of things, the United States is a teenager among countries. We think we know everything, we don't have to listen to 'grownups', and we think others in the 'house' should either give us stuff or leave us alone.

Something fun to read, the U.S. Constitution. Our founding fathers spent a lot of time pouring over every word written. They also didn't have the luxury of cut and paste. I'd think that if those guys could spend so much time writing the rules we're supposed to live by, we could take the time to read over them. At least hit the Bill of Rights. I mean, a person should know what they mean when they plead the Fifth and holler about their First Amendment rights being trampled.

Yes, the alternative is more fun, ie: watermelon sherbert and chick lit.


That sherbert is so gone, now. Except for around my tum and hips. There, it'll orbit for freakin' ever. ;)

Isn't this nice? A few dishes in the sink, some paperwork in a basket, and a bit of vacumming on the main level. The bedroom is spotless, dusted and vaccumed to an inch of its life. So's the master bath. Nice, real nice.

My mission, should I choose to accept it, is sew on Hub's new rank. Here it is among all my patriotic scarves. Just the thing to wear in July, don't you think?? ;)


Ex-Soldier Charged in Killing of Iraqi Family
Coverup Is Alleged; Four Others Implicated

To this young man and his cohorts, I paraphrase Courage the Cowardly Dog's owner, Eustace. "Stupid dog! You made US look bad!"

2 comments:

Camie Vog said...

My husband mentioned that ex-soldier rape issue to me yesterday. I am confused, as he is out of the military will this be a civil case, or will the military re-enlist him to maintain military jurisdiction?

The guy is a criminal, plain and simple... If it didn't happen there, it was bound to happen somewhere else.

13/20

Laura said...

Oooo, I don't know. I'm sure the military will supply the supporting facts. Especially if they get someone like Hubs on the case. He makes Dudley DoRight look like a bum. Still, the military likes to keep things hush hush when it makes them look bad. But then, who doesn't? After all, you're not seeing pictures of me first thing in the morning on here. :D

I'm thinking that if all the eligible people who voted for our current president would enlist, the armed services wouldn't be so desperate for recruits. Right now, they have to take even what they don't want, because of the manpower shortages.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race