Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Loose Ends

Fry is home sick today. She's been complaining of a sore throat and strep has been going through the school. So, it's movies in bed, pineapple juice, and I'm whipping up a batch of homemade chicken soup for dinner this evening. No noodles, thanks to South Beach, so there'll be brown rice instead.

The pickup was tagged on Friday. The precheck at the DMV the day before helped out so much. The lady behind the counter was such a sourpuss that I charmed and cheered her into finally smiling at the end. Usually the crankier the person, the more chipper I get. If only to piss them off, ha ha haaaa!

Mom called last night. She and father are out on the lake in their newly tagged boat. Yay! No ice pick or time in the penn necessary. When I'd told Toppa about this on Friday, she agreed with Mom on the being totally legal aspect. How did I get so corrupt? Or maybe it's just stubbornness in a 'Oh huh?' way.

It's raining today but will be sunny tomorrow. Unless there's blood, fire, or flood, I'm getting all the yardwork done tomorrow. I've got some really beautiful bulbs to plant, and some "Squirrel Away" to keep the little b..., uh, beast, from eating all of them. He ate a lot of the bulbs in the Sack O' Bulbs Mom gave me for Christmas last year. This time, he's getting nothing.

I didn't do the hour of knitting yesterday. Too busy trying to catch up and too tired in general. Three and a half of intense concentration on sewing, which was so tough I had to use pliers to pull the needle through the fabric, and a sunburn all pooped me out yesterday. I'm going to have to go back to the gym. I can tell my strength and stamina has gone to pot.

Something fun circulating the web logs I read...

Ten years ago: Fry was an eensy baby, a little over a month old. She was the most beautiful baby I'd ever seen, breaking Goopa's prior record. Although, when you have my sisters' and my child's baby pictures side by side, it's tough to find a 'best'.

Five years ago: I'd just started a cool new job, something I'd planned on making me wildly successful. Instead, it made me wildly depressed.

One year ago: Hubby was in Kuwait, I was painting in the house, Fry was in third grade. The house and my workout was kept up a lot better than it is now. If I can keep the house running smoothly, then the Hubs and Fry are better able to do their jobs. Funny how my rest breaks are when they leave the building, ha!

Five snacks:
Sugar-free Jello pudding
String cheese
Fruit in season
South Beach cookies and granola bars
Sugar-free popsicles

Five songs I know all the words to:
I Go To Pieces by Peter and Gordon
Can't Help Loving That Man of Mine by Trudy Richards
I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) by Hall and Oates
And You Tell Me by A-ha
Honey To The Bee by Billie Piper

bonus: Where E're You Walk by Handel

Five things I would do with $100 million:
Pay taxes
Invest
Pay off every family members' debt
Fix up the house
Get those glass shelves for my newly expanded yarn room

Five places to run away to:
Alice Springs, AU
Macchu Piccu, Peru
London, England
My parent's house
My aunt and uncle's house

Five things I would never wear:
Go-go boots
Real Fur
Bell bottoms
Micro skirts
Anything denim other than jeans.

Five favorite tv shows:
Law & Order:Special Victims Unit
Star Trek:The Next Generation
The 4400
The Dead Zone
Spongebob Squarepants

Five biggest joys:
My daughter
My husband
My family
My yarn
My home and lawn

Favorite toys:
New pickup!
The computer
My Virgin MP3 player
My Ultimate Knitting Machine
My cell phone

Five people to pass this on to: Whoever has the time or inclination to play!

No comments:

Slow and Steady Wins the Race