Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tuesday already?

It's easier to list what I did do as opposed to what I didn't do.
Done is in boldface:
KITCHEN
1. DISHES
2. SCOUR SINKS/POLISH FAUCETS
3. WIPE OFF DISHWASHER

4. WIPE OFF MICROWAVE
5. WIPE OFF STOVE
6. WIPE OFF COUNTERS

7. WIPE OFF CHAIRS
8. WIPE OFF TABLE (rarely used, we eat on the kitchen island)
9. VACUUM
10. EMPTY TRASH/ TAKE OUT RECYCLABLES

BATHROOMS
1. CLEAN SINK
2. CLEAN TUB/SPRAY WITH CLEANER
3. CLEAN TOILET
4. POLISH FAUCETS (say 'no' to hard water)
5. SHAKE AREA RUGS

BEDROOMS
1. MAKE BED (and washed the sheets! Yay!)
2. CLOSE CLOSET DOOR

3. FEATHER DUST
4. PUT AWAY CLOTHES (four loads of clothes for three people for one week)

LIVINGROOM/DININGROOM
1. FEATHER DUST
2. POLICE THE PLANTS (I so need to shopvac around the african violets)

BASEMENT
1. PUT AWAY ONE THING
2. POLICE CAT FOOD AREA
3. CLEAN OUT ONE BOX

GARAGE
1. CLEAN OUT CARS
2. PUT AWAY ONE BOX (sort through and put stuff where it belongs)

LAUNDRY ROOM
1. CLEAN OFF DRYER
2. DUST MAJOR APPLIANCES
3. EMPTY WASHER AND DRYER (no clothes turning into lab experiments)

Hubby wants me to fix Lemon's roof. I have the canvas thread and black denim patches, so it's just a matter of procrastination. I'm afraid it won't look as good as I'd like, but then, the gaping hole can't look any worse. I'd love to slap the sh*t out of whoever cut it in the first place. It's not like the car is worth anything, even after chopped into parts.

And now for knitting news. Not much news, just working on the Bird's eye shawl, a little bit of Seascapes, and started a new 'mindless' project. A garter stitch scarf in a nifty novelty yarn. Usually, I'll go by the simpler the yarn, the more complex the stitch pattern. Garter stitch is great when I'm watching TV, on the computer, and want to knit at the same time. Both bad necks on my own sweaters have been fixed. I also have a bag of baby blankets that need edgings.

I found a copy of an edging pattern that's on a piece of linen handed down in my family! I'd tried to decipher what was there and came pretty close. The faggoting stitch tripped me up, having never done that one. (Disclaimer to family: this stitch has nothing to do with Streisand, Garland, or interior decorating.)

After reading some of my favorite weblogs, I've deduced that I'm either a very distracted or a very slow knitter. I'm thinking of setting a timer for an hour, solely concentrating on what I'm doing, and THEN checking my progress.

Time to attack the to-do list.

Update: It seems that hubby wants to take Lemon into work Thursday. I went out to fix the hole in the roof (from the attempted robbery). It seems the canvas had somehow deteriorated in the past week. Both the lining around the driver and passenger side doors needed resewing. Even though I used a canvas needle and thread, I still had to push through using needle nose plyers. Took me three and a half hours to sew up those, a couple of cracks, and the main reason why I went out there, the cut open hole.

Everything else I procrastinate on can be done in a far shorter time than I estimate. This is not one of them. My left thumb is bruised, my left forearm is sunburned, and I'm not going to enjoy using my hands tomorrow.

Fry gets the computer tonight. She was very good at school today and yesterday, and has been 'un' grounded since Monday. We played Pictionary last night and she's good! Love that kid.

No comments:

Slow and Steady Wins the Race