Sunday, September 25, 2005

Stash Enhancing: I can quit any time I want.

New yarn in the house! Knit Wit had their clearance yarns on sale, 20% off. I'm a total pushover for Rowan's Summer Tweed, can't help it. I 'ought' to make things for Christmas out of this, but honestly, I only want to hoard the stuff. Both pictures of the brown (toast), do not do the color justice. It's more of a warm auburn, like fall leaves. These pictures really don't capture any of the highlights.

From my stash:
A couple of pictures of the same colors from elsewhere on the internet:











Then, there's some machs nitchs skeins I found. The shiney, fake stuff is really two balls rolled into one for a scarf. Then, the other two hand spun balls are for either hats or scarves. I'm rather wanting to felt hats out of the wools, but... I don't quite know yet.


The stash stuff was Friday, after having lunch with my beloved younger sister. I think her project is next... Happy Face hat and mittens. Maybe even a scarf. Yesterday, I wound up various skeins into balls and have decided that I'd like a ballwinder for Christmas. My plan is to have hubby hold out his arms, with the skeins around them, while I wind the ball. Then, after a few times, he'll think a ballwinder is a GOOD idea. Buh wa ha ha ha haaaa

Saturday: Slugfest. Frozen pizza for lunch, some laundry, playing computer, playing with new yarns, nice dinner (pork loin with green beans and cauliflower), and grocery shopping. Today, we don't know what to eat because the freezers, pantry, and fridge are all full. I'm sure we'll manage.

Plans for today: Nap, chore list, dinner, Sims 2 and knitting. Mowing the lawn and yard care should be on there, but I'll do it tomorrow morning when no one is sleeping in. We're scheduled for rain on Wednesday, so I'll need to plant that stupid Magnolia tree that keeps blowing over. Bleh.

Task list for today:
KITCHEN
1. DISHES
2. SCOUR SINKS/POLISH FAUCETS
3. WIPE OFF DISHWASHER
4. WIPE OFF MICROWAVE
5. WIPE OFF STOVE
6. WIPE OFF COUNTERS
7. WIPE OFF CHAIRS
8. WIPE OFF TABLE
9. VACUUM
10. EMPTY TRASH/ TAKE OUT RECYCLABLES (vital, since tomorrow is trash/recycle day)

BATHROOMS
1. CLEAN SINK
2. CLEAN TUB/SPRAY WITH CLEANER
3. CLEAN TOILET
4. POLISH FAUCETS (say 'no' to hard water)
5. SHAKE AREA RUGS

BEDROOMS
1. MAKE BED
2. CLOSE CLOSET DOOR (automatic light, like the fridge. child's bulb is burnt out)
3. FEATHER DUST
4. PUT AWAY CLOTHES

LIVINGROOM/DININGROOM
1. FEATHER DUST
2. POLICE THE PLANTS (I so need to shopvac around the african violets)

BASEMENT
1. PUT AWAY ONE THING
2. POLICE CAT FOOD AREA
3. CLEAN OUT ONE BOX

GARAGE
1. CLEAN OUT CARS
2. PUT AWAY ONE BOX (sort through and put stuff where it belongs)

LAUNDRY ROOM
1. CLEAN OFF DRYER
2. DUST MAJOR APPLIANCES
3. EMPTY WASHER AND DRYER (no clothes turning into lab experiments)

Once all these things are done, the house is company clean and there's no lingering "what's that SMELL". With a cat and guinea pig, it's a sad fact of life.

Tomorrow is outside and garage. I'd like to get all the bulky items together for the pick up sometime after October 8th. If you've ever lived in the country, you'll know that big trucks taking your throw aways away are magical. There's nothing better than an clean curb on trash day.

Note to Mom: Fry said she had hideous rah last night. So I asked her when or if raw was lovely or even beautiful. The comment/question earned me a snort from her. She's so cute when she does that. LOL!

No comments:

Slow and Steady Wins the Race